Let’s face it, we all have those days where we just feel the need to cover up something. Maybe it’s some fresh acne, or maybe it’s an old scar. Of course, we can’t forget about our dark circles under the eyes. That’s where our trusty concealer comes in handy!
With so many options out there. Between pressed powder, loose powder, and even liquid concealers, how do we know what to use? There is no tried and true method of figuring out which concealer will work best for your needs and your skin. It’s all a game of trial and error.
What we can do, however, is scour the internet and provide you with some of the top consumer-picked options to help guide you in the direction you want, and that is just what we did. However, before we talk about the top concealer options on the market, let’s take a look at what concealer is and what it really does for the skin.
Concealer VS Foundation – What’s the Difference?
We’ve got our makeup-mavens, and then there are those of us that can’t tell the difference between concealer, foundation, and contour. Ladies and gentlemen – there is no shame in not knowing the difference. Before we take a look at the top concealers on the market, let’s talk about what makes concealer and foundation different.
Foundation is a skin-colored makeup that is applied to the face to help create an even complexion and is often referred to as the base. When it comes to choosing your foundation, it all comes down to what type of coverage you are looking for. You’ll also want to take into consideration your skin type and how much you want to spend really.
That being said, let’s take a look at our options:
Alright, so we know that foundation is the base that allows for a clean canvas, where does that leave concealer? While some people use concealer for skin treatment, in most cases you want to use your foundation first, then use concealer more sparingly.
Concealer is used to help mask dark circles, spots, large pores and other skin blemishes that we just don’t want easily spotted. However, just like foundation, there are different types of concealers for different types of skin types.
How We Reviewed the Top Concealers on The Market
So how did we come up with our top 10 list of concealers? We decided to look at what you, the consumers had to say. Let’s be honest; when we go online in search of reviews, we want to see what other consumers have to say, not what other big names have to say.
Keeping that in mind, we compiled our list based on what the consumer had to say. So we took a look at a variety of different concealers on the market and ranked each one based on what the consumers had to say. Each product was ranked on overall consumer ratings, and in the case of a tie, the price of the product was taken into consideration.
Top 10 Concealers Customers Love
Concealers not only come in a variety of different types, but they also range in price quite a bit. In most cases, the more luxury brands tend to cost more, such as Cle de Peau Beaute, which comes in around $70. Then there are the drugstore brands, which tend to come in under $15, such as Maybelline.
Because there are so many options on the market, we’ve decided to look into a wide variety of products. After looking at what consumers had to say, we compiled a little bit of information on the top-reviewed products and listed them below. Which one comes out on top? Read on to find out.
- A silky-smooth, complete coverage, concealer and serum formula
- It instantly reduces the appearance of dark circles, discoloration, and other imperfections for a beautifully even-toned...
- It provides younger looking skin
- This innovative under-eye brightener instantly erases signs of fatigue as it helps to reduce the appearance of both puffiness and dark circles. The lightweight loose powder concealer buffs on gently around the eye to help visibly shrink dark circles. The SPF20 helps to protect the delicate eye area against the sun’s harmful effects.
- Price: $17.91
- Customer Review: 4.5/5
- IT’S YOUR LIFE-CHANGING CONCEALER—ILLUMINATED! Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer
- Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination contains anti-aging peptides, vitamins, hydrolyzed collagen, hyaluronic acid and...
- ORIGINAL Medium Shade. Size: 0.28 FL OZ UNBOXED
- Infused with skin-loving collagen and antioxidants, this formula is clinically shows to help skip look younger. This concealer can be used as a spot-treatment or an all-over foundation to help hid imperfection, diffuse the look of lines and wrinkles, and brighten the eye area.
- Price: $39.95
- Customer Review: 4.4/5
- TINTED UNDER-EYE CREAM ROLLER: This easy-apply under-eye concealer for dark circles & puffiness comes in its own roller,...
- BRIGHTENING VITAMIN C makes this under eye treatment a true skin care shelf must-have for those with dark circles. The...
- CLEARLY BRIGHTER: For best brightening, skin refreshing results, use with the full Clearly Brighter skincare routine,...
- Coveted by artists for its luxurious texture and luminous finish, new radiant creamy concealer evens skin with...
- Long wearing and crease-proof
- 100 Percent authentic
- This concealer allegedly delivers all-purpose perfection for all skin tones. Enriched with hydrating, multi-action skincare benefits and light diffusing technology, it is said to create a softer, smoother complexion while also obscuring imperfections and diminishing fine lines and signs of fatigue.
- Price: $25.50
- Customer Review: 4.2/5
- Infused with ultra-fine,light-reflecting illuminators , this rich, luminescent, full-coverage corrector instantly brightens the look of under-eye darkens. The backlight technology helps to reflect light to draw attention away from lines and wrinkles which helps create a lifting effect.
- Price: $30.00
- Customer Review: 4.2/5
- Maybelline's full-coverage, high-resistance concealer camouflages imperfections and dark circles to deliver an...
- Whether you're hiding spots, looking for the best concealer for dark circles, or highlighting your favorite feature, our...
- With Maybelline Facestudio Master Conceal from Maybelline New York you can achieve full coverage of dark spots and...
- Maybelline’s full-coverage, high-resistance concealer helps to camouflage imperfections and dark circles to deliver an undetectable finish. This ultra-concentrated formula doesn’t build-up like other products and can achieve full coverage with an undetectable finish.
- Price: $6.29
- Customer Review: 4.1/5
- Maybelline instant age rewind concealer: America's #1 Concealer Erase the look of dark circles, correct the appearance...
- Anti-aging concealer: Turn back time with this anti-aging under eye treatment concealer infused with Haloxyl. Say bye...
- Best face forward: Maybelline has sheer, medium, and full coverage foundation in liquid, stick, and cushion foundation...
- This full coverage, under-eye concealer helps to instantly erase dark circles and fine lines in order to help diminish puffiness. The formula is infused with goji berry and Haloxyl, an effective blood circulation booster, to create a radiant, refreshed looking under-eye area. It also features a color corrector with a micro-corrector applicator for easy application.
- Price: $7.09
- Customer Review: 4.1/5
The Final Verdict – Which Concealer Takes the Cake?
Drum roll, please! Based on what you, the consumer, had to say, it looks like Maybelline’s Cover Stick Concealer is the top-ranked concealer currently on the market. This concealer stick does a great job with covering up dark spots, blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles.
Will this product be ideal for everyone? No. Everybody is different, and everyone’s skin is different. Stick concealers are known to clog pores easily and are not ideal for those with oily skin.
That being said, start with what you know, as in your skin type and tone. Once you know those, you’ll be able to pick out the ideal concealer for you.